Carpet Cleaning Tips:
Proper cleaning is the best way to extend the life of your carpet. Dirt is abrasive, like sandpaper. Every time you step on the carpet, you grind dirt into the fibers, making tiny cuts in your carpet that cause it to wear out faster. Remember the following three rules, and enjoy like-new carpet for longer:
The single most important thing you can do is vacuum regularly and thoroughly. Tests have shown it usually takes a full seven passes with a vacuum cleaner to clean all the loose dirt out of the carpet. A lightweight, upright vacuum cleaner is usually the easiest to use. To be effective, it must have strong suction and have some sort of vibrator to loosen the dirt.
Eliminate Stains Immediately
The next most important factor in good carpet care is to clean up stains as quickly as possible. The longer a stain sits there, the harder it is to remove. Make sure you use the right cleaning materials or you may make the situation worse.
Clean Your Carpet Regularly
Finally, you need to have your carpet cleaned regularly, once every 12 to 18 months. You should also have them cleaned after any event such as remodeling or holiday parties. The sooner you remove dirt, the better.
Upholstery Care Tips:
Consumers tend to invest a lot of money in their home furnishings and spend a lot of time enjoying them.
It is important to have upholstered furniture cleaned often, dirt and oils from every day use can break down fibers in fabric and cause them to fade, look bad and wear out sooner. Fabrics also hold on to odors so cleaning them can help the entire home smell and feel fresher.
It is important to use a service professional trained in the proper use of equipment, cleaning chemicals and methods to clean upholstery and protect your valuable furnishings. Ongoing education, training and certification means service professionals stay abreast of latest developments in their field, use of best equipment, products and methods.
Furnishings are upholstered with a variety of fabrics and padding. It's important for a service professional to know what they are made of. Some fabrics cannot be cleaned with water and must be dry cleaned. Leather requires its own special treatment. Some silks can only be vacuumed.
What is Dehumidification?
Dehumidification is the process of taking out excess moisture content from a place thereby lowering the humidity of the area. To dehumidify, air is cooled enough so that it cannot retain its moisture anymore. The moisture is then either collected in a dehumidifier or is passed out through a connecting hose. This results in less humid air and the air is not dry either so that problems associated with dry don't occur.
Why Dehumidification is important?
Excess humidity in any area can cause lot of problems. It can cause formation of fungus and mold which in turn can lead to several diseases. Further, excess humidity can damage your walls, floors, furniture, etc. It can also lead to flaky wall plaster, peeling wallpaper and rotted furniture if not controlled at appropriate time.
Dehumidifiers - Do I need one?
In today's life, people are experiencing different health problems and one major reason for health problems is the air we breathe, not only the outside air but indoor air too. This leads to problems like allergies, asthma, hay fever, skin problems, etc. Dehumidifier is a device which makes the air less humid and more pure thus reducing chances of so many diseases. So, in case your work place or house is excessively damp, you need a dehumidifier to keep you healthy.
Types of Dehumidifiers
There are many different types of humidifiers that are available in the market to suit the needs of different people and places (like office, school, workplace, etc). The following types are particularly important:
- Home dehumidifiers : As the name suggests, it is meant for dehumidifying homes including kitchens, bathrooms, basements, etc. Basements are especially important in homes as they are often neglected and can become excessively damp and humid. There are different types of home dehumidifiers like mini dehumidifiers, portable dehumidifier, closet dehumidifiers, room dehumidifiers, and whole house dehumidifiers.
- Light commercial dehumidifiers : These types of dehumidifiers are useful for offices, small commercial establishments, libraries, etc where dampness can lead to damage of property or important papers.
- Industrial dehumidifiers : Industrial dehumidifier is used at large places where high humidity can cause significant loss. It is used at health clubs (as you can't afford to unhealthy atmosphere at health clubs), museums (to protect rare species, art, etc), book stores, etc. It can also be used at large basements especially after floods to take out excess moisture.
Points to keep in mind while using Dehumidifiers
The following points need to be kept in mind while using dehumidifiers:
- Proper cleaning of coils
- Removal of water from bucket
- Ensuring that doors and windows are closed to avoid air loss
- Keeping a check on frost on the coil and in case of excess frost, turning off the machine for sometime
- Ensuring that the unit is unplugged before cleaning
- A proper grounded outlet is used for Dehumidifier
One can buy a dehumidifier from branded companies like LG, Whirlpool, Goldstar, Maytag, etc. By using a dehumidifier one can achieve an optimum level of humidity and can live a healthy life.